MaplePrimes is a free service provided to users by Maplesoft, A division of Waterloo Maple Inc. By posting on MaplePrimes, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, then please do not use MaplePrimes.
You understand that all messages appearing here are the sole responsibility of those persons posting the message. This means that you, and not Waterloo Maple Inc., are entirely responsible for all information and material that you post on MaplePrimes. Waterloo Maple Inc. does not control the content of any messages posted on MaplePrimes and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of anything on MaplePrimes or any products or services that may appear here. You understand that by using MaplePrimes, you may be exposed to content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Waterloo Maple Inc. be liable for any errors or omissions in any postings or for any loss or damages of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any information contained in MaplePrimes.
You agree not to do any of the following while using MaplePrimes:
- Transmit any message, information, data, text or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, that may be invasive of another's privacy, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to, Waterloo Maple Inc. Employees and MaplePrimes, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post or transmit any software or graphic files on the MaplePrimes or transmit any Content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam", "chain letters", "pyramid schemes", or any other form of solicitation in the MaplePrimes;
- Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, and any regulations having the force of law while using or accessing MaplePrimes; and
- Upload or transmit any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") of any party. By submitting Content to MaplePrimes, you automatically grant, (or warrant that the owner of such Content has expressly granted) MaplePrimes the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive and fully sublicensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed; and
- Post information detailing illegal acts with specific names or locations;
Waterloo Maple Inc. and its designees shall have the right in their sole discretion to edit, refuse to post, or remove any Content posted on MaplePrimes and to move Content to other areas of MaplePrimes. Without limiting the foregoing, MaplePrimes and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that is in violation of the provisions hereof or otherwise objectionable. We reserve the right to revoke membership and access to MaplePrimes without notice. You agree to indemnify and hold Waterloo Maple Inc. harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your violation of these terms and conditions or your violation of any rights of another.
Message boards sometimes contain material in which users share material they have copied electronically from other sources. Because there are many thousands of possible sources spread out across the Internet, e.g., newspapers, scientific journals and bulletin boards, it is impossible to determine if any message on MaplePrimes infringes the copyright of another party. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify MaplePrimes administrators so the situation can be promptly addressed. To notify us please use the contact form.
MaplePrimes policy is to take reasonable measures to respect the privacy of all users of the website. Waterloo Maple Inc. will take reasonable measures not to disclose information about you or the contents of your communications, other than Content that is publicly available or accessible via MaplePrimes, except that Waterloo Maple Inc. may do so in the good faith belief that such action is reasonably necessary (a) to comply with the law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce these terms and conditions; (d) to respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; or (e) to protect the interests of Waterloo Maple Inc. or others.
Messages on MaplePrimes may contain links to other web sites or resources. MaplePrimes is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. Waterloo Maple Inc. shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES:
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF MAPLEPRIMES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WATERLOO MAPLE INC. SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE TO YOU FOR ANY CONTENT FOUND ON MAPLEPRIMES. WATERLOO MAPLE INC. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WATERLOO MAPLE INC. MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT ANY CONTENT ON MAPLEPRIMES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE; NOR DOES WATERLOO MAPLE INC. MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF SUCH INFORMATION OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH MAPLEPRIMES. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF MAPLEPRIMES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS IN THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH CONTENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER THE APPLICABLE LAW, WATERLOO MAPLE INC. SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE MAPLEPRIMES OR FOR COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES OR RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH MAPLEPRIMES OR RESULTING FROM ALTERATION OR DELETION OF ANY MESSAGES, EVEN IF MAPLEPRIMES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario, excluding its conflict of law provisions. You and Waterloo Maple Inc. agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located within the province of Ontario. The failure of MaplePrimes to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the court should endeavor to give effect to the intention reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these terms and conditions shall remain in full force and effect. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of MaplePrimes or these terms and conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose. The section titles herein are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Waterloo Maple Inc. reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time and from time to time.
WHAT TO DO:
If you become aware of any messages in MaplePrimes that violate these terms and conditions, please email the offending person's identification and cut and paste the relevant content. Waterloo Maple Inc. cannot guarantee that any action will be taken as a result of your email.