Question: small issue in Physics:-Latex, translation of complex number I

As I was going over latest build using Physics:-Latex I noticed this.

The complex number I should be translated to lower case i  in latex.

This is what the original latex() does (and also what Mathematica TeXForm does).

It does not look good at all to have complex number I be translated to I and remain UPPER case I

Here is an example

expr:=[solve(x^2+2*x+2=0,x)];
Physics:-Latex(expr)

gives

[-1+I, -1-I]

While  latex(expr) gives the much better and more mathematical output:

[-1+i,-1-i]

 

> 

interface(version);

`Standard Worksheet Interface, Maple 2020.1, Windows 10, July 30 2020 Build ID 1482634`

> 

Physics:-Version();

`The "Physics Updates" version in the MapleCloud is 790. The version installed in this computer is 789 created 2020, September 1.`

> 

expr:=[solve(x^2+2*x+2=0,x)];
Physics:-Latex(expr)

[-1+I, -1-I]

[-1+I, -1-I]

> 

latex(expr)

[-1+i,-1-i]

> 

 


Is it possible to have Physics:-Latex translate complex numbers like latex() did?

Please see attached worksheet below.

Download latex_issue_9.mw

Please Wait...