Question: how to find instance that solve these two equations?

Does Maple have any faciltiy to find any solution to two equations in  3 variables subject to constraint that each equation is not zero?

Here is an example. I like to find any values of t1,t2,t3 such that alpha and beta are not zero. Any choice of such t's will do. But not all t can be zero ofcourse. All the t's are linear.

restart;
eq1:= alpha = -2*t1 - 4*t2 - 2*t3;
eq2:= beta = t1 + 2*t2 + t3;

By inspection we see that choice t2=0,t3=0,t1=1 works since

subs([t2=0,t3=0,t1=1],[eq1,eq2])

There are many other choices (infinite). I just need to find one combination of t_i in the integers.

I could write a loop and keep trying different values of t1,t2,t3 until I find such choise ofcourse. But I was wondering if there is better way to do this in Maple. Solve does not work on this ofcourse.

solve([eq1,eq2,eq3],[t1,t2,t3]) assuming alpha<>0,beta<>0

And setting up Ax=b does not work

restart;
A:=Matrix([[-2,-4,-2],[1,2,1]]);
b:=Vector([alpha,beta]);
LinearAlgebra:-LinearSolve(A,b)

Error, (in LinearAlgebra:-LinearSolve) inconsistent system
 

However, one thing I could do, is pick random alpha,beta values, and then solve for t_i, as in

restart;
A:=Matrix([[-2,-4,-2],[1,2,1]]);
b:=Vector([-2,1]);
LinearAlgebra:-LinearSolve(A,b)

And now I am able to find a solution I want. The problem with this method, is that if I pick wrong values of alpha,beta, I can also get no solution. For example, if I guessed alpha=1,beta=1 I get

restart;
A:=Matrix([[-2,-4,-2],[1,2,1]]);
b:=Vector([1,1]);
LinearAlgebra:-LinearSolve(A,b)

Error, (in LinearAlgebra:-LinearSolve) inconsistent system
 

So one option I could try, is pick random values of alpha,beta, and call LinearSolve until I get a choice which works?  i.e. one which does not give inconsistent system.

Thanks for any better suggestions.

Please Wait...