Carl Love

Carl Love

28155 Reputation

25 Badges

13 years, 359 days
Himself
Wayland, Massachusetts, United States
My name was formerly Carl Devore.

MaplePrimes Activity


These are replies submitted by Carl Love

@Bendesarts 

The error message in your picture is too small to read. Would you please type it in? I think that it says that the package does not contain an angular_velocity command. The results of the with command indicate that show is the only command in the package.

Your Question contains no text and no attached file.

@Bendesarts 

There is no source code stored in the .mla file; you'll have to use a method like mine with those. If the package is claimed to be "open source", then there should be a source-code file with the package---either a plaintext file or a worksheet.

@sercan 

I haven't been able to prove the inequality with Maple or otherwise. Is this an exercise, i.e., do you know that a proof exists and you just have to find it? Or is this original research?

Please provide the p, q, e, and d for which it doesn't work.

The procedure only works for b < N. Is that the case? For b >= N, you need to divide the plaintext into smaller chunks.

@Preben Alsholm 

A great substitution; I didn't know that IntegrationTools:-Change could make use of assumptions. Vote up. In some versions of Maple (notably Maple 16), an expand may be required before the eval to force the y outside the integral to cancel with the y in the denominator of the integrand.

If Gamma is entered as the exact value 1/5 rather than 0.2, you can use value on the integral and prove that it is exactly 1.

@ecterrab 

If you are using 1D input, there is a preliminary step needed before you can use Edgardo's Answer. Highlight the expression, right click, and Convert To -> 2D Math Input. Then follow Edgardo's instructions.

@hazif firas 

Sorry, I can't solve your problem. I got past the "initial Newton..." error, but then I get a division by zero.

I just want to point out that Runge Kutta Fehlberg 4 5 (rkf45) is a method for IVPs, not BVPs. There is no way to tell Maple to solve a BVP with rkf45.

I haven't looked at your worksheet yet (I will). But I want to point out that undefined and Float(undefined) are not errors; they are mathematically valid answers. For example limit(1/x, x= 0) is undefined.

@sercan 

Can you supply ranges for the constants and variables? For example, are any of them guaranteed to be positive? Are there also relations such as w > c that hold? Maple can often prove an inequality when given some assumptions on the variables.

By "better", I assume that you mean ProfitB >= ProfitC for all values of the variables and and constants. Is that right? Then there's really no distinction between variables and constants.

[I edited your Question due to excessive whitespace.]

I doubt that there's any simplification for that. Just looking at n=2, I see no simplification. Are you sure that you want a summation rather than a product? If you change Sigma to PI (Maple command product) then there's a simplification.

Is the issue that you want to prove that the functions are identical?

How about posting your Maple code with the functions?

@Kitonum 

Change 3 to length(j).

@nm 

There is nothing wrong with having text or any other data structure in a matrix. Indeed, certain commands in Maple require an Array, Matrix, or Vector of plots. I understand your point about "lists of lists," but note that a Maple Matrix is different from a Maple list of lists.

There is nothing wrong with having keys in a set.

@mzaman 

There are two issues now. The first is that you need with(LinearAlgebra) at the top of your program so that RowDimension and ColumnDimension are meaningful. The second is incorrect parentheses in the second statement in your loop. You currently have

newaa[i,j]:= (add(add(subimage(m,n), m= 1..(2*k+1), n= 1..(2*k+1))));

You should change that to

newaa[i,j]:= add(add(subimage[m,n], m= 1..2*k+1), n= 1..2*k+1);

I recommend (and I think that Acer does also) that you change all subscripted array references to use square brackets instead of parentheses. You've just changed the reference on the left side of :=.

Once you have this program perfected, note that it can be made much, much faster by using evalhf for the loop. But let's work on that after you have it perfected.

 

First 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 Last Page 507 of 711