We announce the release of a new book, of title Fourier Transforms for Chemistry, which is in the form of a Maple worksheet. This book is freely available through Maple Application Centre, either as a Maple worksheet with no output from commands or as a .pdf file with all output and plots.
This interactive electronic book in the form of a Maple worksheet comprises six chapters containing Maple commands, plus an overview 0 as an introduction. The chapters have content as follows.
- 1 continuous Fourier transformation
- 2 electron diffraction of a gaseous sample
- 3 xray diffraction of a crystal and a powder
- 4 microwave spectrum of a gaseous sample
- 5 infrared and Raman spectra of a liquid sample
- 6 nuclear magnetic resonance of various samples
This book will be useful in courses of physical chemistry or devoted to the determination of molecular structure by physical methods. Some content, duly acknowledged, has been derived and adapted from other authors, with permission.